The handheld terminal refers to a portable data processing terminal having the following characteristics:
There are operating systems such as WINDOWS Mobile6.1/6.5 WinCE5.0/6.0, LINUX, Android, etc.;
Memory, CPU, graphics card, etc.
Screen and keyboard:
Data transmission processing capability;
With its own battery, it can be used on the move. In general, handheld terminals are classified into industrial handheld terminals and consumer handheld terminals. Industrial-grade handheld terminals are better than consumer grade in performance, stability, and battery durability.
A handheld terminal refers to a portable data processing terminal having the following characteristics.
1, with data storage and computing capabilities (usually an operating system)
2, can be secondary development
3, data communication with other equipment
4, man-machine interface, in particular, have display and input functions
Classification by field of use
I. Industrial handheld terminal
Industrial handheld terminals include industrial PDAs, bar code handheld terminals, and RFID handheld mid-range integrated ones. The industry is characterized by its robustness and durability. It can be used in many areas where the links are relatively harsh, and at the same time, it has made many optimizations for the characteristics of industrial use. Industrial-grade handheld terminals can simultaneously support RFID read and write and barcode scanning functions, as well as IP64 industrial grade, which are not available in consumer handheld terminals.
Consumer Handheld Terminals
Consumer handheld terminals mainly refer to smart phones, handheld computers, and tablet computers.
I. Android handheld terminal
Android system, designed for Internet applications. Android's open mode allows the continuous optimization of applications, which is more conducive to the secondary development of handheld terminals in the Android system.
II. Windows Mobile Handheld Terminal
Windows Mobile system is Microsoft's operating platform for handheld terminals. It includes the underlying operating system Windows CE and upper-level drivers and applications. Windows Mobile-based mobile devices provide enterprises with an excellent industry application platform, which can provide a wide range of optional hardware, powerful development tools and long-term battery life.
III. Windows CE Handheld Terminal
The Windows CE system is designed for stand-alone devices. Its Internet function and touch screen function are weaker than the Android system, and the Internet experience is relatively poor.
IV. ios mobile phone system
Apple's ios system is designed for Apple's mobile phone iphone, running stable, smooth is its advantages, currently has a large number of fans iphone mobile terminal, enough to prove.
(2) Hand-held terminal without operating system
Based on c language, Linux needs secondary development of embedded systems, with human-computer interaction graphical interface and communication interface, this type of embedded system, with low consumption of resources, more professional and stable.
In addition to the basic functions, the handheld terminal also has some other functions. These functions are closely related to the specific application and system, and it is also necessary to consider the selection of the handheld terminal first.
1. Barcode Scanning: There are currently two technologies for bar code scanning: laser and CCD. Laser scanning can only read one-dimensional bar codes. CCD technology can identify one-dimensional and two-dimensional bar codes. The more popular view is when reading one-dimensional bar codes. Laser scanning technology is faster and more convenient than CCD technology. Handheld terminals with bar code scanning are often referred to as bar code data collectors.
2. IC card reading and writing: Handheld terminals with integrated IC card reading and writing functions are commonly referred to as IC card handheld data terminals, and are mainly used for IC card card management.
3. Non-contact IC card reading and writing: Handheld terminals integrated with non-contact IC card reading and writing functions are generally called non-contact IC card handheld data terminals and are mainly used for non-contact IC card management.
4, built-in information button: the so-called information button is a built-in non-contact IC card chip, mainly used for patrol.
5. Fingerprint collection and comparison: Handheld terminals with integrated fingerprint acquisition module are mainly used for public security, social insurance, etc.
6, GPS: Industrial applications are mainly used for public security, a large number is in the civilian market, providing electronic maps and positioning services for drivers
7. GSM/GPRS/CDMA wireless data communication: The main function is to exchange data in real time with the database through wireless data communication. This function is mainly used in two situations. One is the application requiring high real-time data, and the other is that when the application cannot store the required data in the handheld terminal due to various reasons, it may be necessary. If the data is too large, it may also need to be kept confidential.
8. GSM/GPRS/CDMA short message communication: Almost all handheld terminals supporting wireless data communication support SMS communication. The reason why this function is listed is that some hand-held terminal products only support short message communication. This function is more timely than GSM. The real-time performance of /GPRS/CDMA wireless data communication is slightly lower, and sometimes the real-time performance may be lost due to the short message server unless the dedicated short message server is rented and the overall data bandwidth during communication is very small.
9. GSM/GPRS/CDMA wireless voice communication: This function is mainly used for voice calls. After secondary development, it can replace the walkie-talkie to some extent.
10. Infrared data communication (IrDA): As the earliest short-range wireless data communication technology, this function is almost a standard configuration in various handheld terminals. Except for some mobile phones and few handheld terminals, most handheld terminals include this function. However, it should be noted that not all handsets that claim to support IrDA actually support IrDA, many handheld terminals only implement the physical layer specifications given by the IrDA Association, and do not implement the IrDA protocol stack, which is not the official standard of IrDA. admittedly.
11. Infrared Data Communication (Power Infrared): The power infrared protocol is a standard promulgated by the Ministry of Electric Power in China. It is a data communication standard used for power equipment. The reason why this function is mentioned here is because a large number of meter reading machines are made in China. With this feature.
12. Bluetooth Communication: The Bluetooth communication function is a new generation of short-range wireless communication technology. Currently, it is mainly used in PDAs and mobile phones. Other data terminals have gradually begun to use this technology, short-range Bluetooth communication up to 10m, long-distance Bluetooth communication up to 100m, in the case of communication data is not very large, Bluetooth technology can also replace 802.11B networking.
13, RS232 serial communication: As the most basic data communication method, basically all handheld data terminals have this function.
14. RS485 Serial Communication: RS485 is a serial communication technology for long distances. Only a few dedicated handheld terminals carry this function.
15, USB communication: USB communication technology because of its communication speed, so many current handheld terminals are beginning to use, especially PDA, its main purpose is to carry out a large number of data exchanges with the PC. However, USB communication is not equivalent. USB devices are divided into master and slave devices. The master device can only communicate with slave devices and cannot communicate with the master device. Therefore, few handheld terminals can be used as USB master devices or USB devices. From the device. Buyers are prone to misunderstandings in this regard, as long as both devices support USB.
16, 802.11B: 802.11B as the mainstream technology of wireless LAN, the current development speed is very fast, many handheld terminals have been equipped with this feature, handheld terminals with this function can be a relatively large range of networking and with the PC, Servers and other data exchanges can exchange wireless data in large enclosed spaces (such as factories and warehouses). If the space exceeds the range that the wireless signal can cover, multiple nodes can be added to solve the problem.
17. Printing: Some handheld terminals have integrated printing functions and can print documents directly.
18, handwriting recognition: Handheld terminal input functions compared with PC, IPC and other equipment has been very weak, handwriting recognition can alleviate this problem, if users need a lot of text input, then we must have this function.
19, Chinese characters input: For some hand-held terminals without handwriting recognition function, if you want to input Chinese characters, then this function is essential, and the input method must also be considered, the whole spell is outdated, T9 is relatively more acceptable .
20, other functions, some handheld terminals with some other features, such as photographing, can be inserted CF card, can be inserted SD card, etc., need to be selected according to the needs of the user.
Typical tobacco distribution, warehouse inventory, postal distribution, and development are worthwhile for the terminal distribution, drug distribution, large factory in-factory logistics, and logistics company warehouse to warehouse transportation of major commodity manufacturers.
According to different systems, the logistics system uses different hand-held terminal expansion functions. The main functions used are barcode scanning, contact/contactless IC card reading and writing, and 802.11b, Bluetooth data communication, and so on.
The handheld terminal can be used to collect dispatcher's waybill data, collect transit/warehouse data collection, and scan the waybill information through the 3G module directly to the back-end server through the scanning of express barcodes, and can also perform related business information query and other functions.
Three meter reading
In the foreseeable future, this is a relatively large capacity market.
The extended functions integrated in the meter reading machine of the three-sheet meter reading mainly include power infrared, barcode scanning, and data communication.
Electricity industry meter reading needs:
Manual transcription is error-prone, time-consuming and laborious; manual card reading methods are illegible, and then the transcription of the data on the PC is error-prone. The meter reading personnel do not make estimates only at the scene, and cannot be accurately counted. Meter reading personnel are prone to occur for mature users. "Electrical power" greatly reduces the working efficiency in a manual operation.
With cameras, live pictures are shared in a timely manner, allowing managers to understand real-time conditions and strengthen decision-making. Using GPS positioning to ensure that inspections are in place; meter readers checking model numbers for records, you can easily and efficiently complete the work, while the electrical industry can be more precise statistics of power consumption.
Mobile government affairs, mobile policing
After the science and technology policing is not just a slogan, the technological content of police equipment is getting higher and higher. In particular, traffic police, patrol officers, and criminal police have begun to equip with mobile data devices. Handheld terminals are equipped to provide police with stronger tactics. Powerful enforcement of policing tools. In addition to policing, the current health, urban management, taxation, and other administrative departments have begun to try to use handheld terminals to regulate administrative services, while improving administrative efficiency.
The functions of handheld terminals used in mobile policing mainly include GPRS/CDMA data, voice communication, and IC card reading and writing. In the future, it may also require fingerprint collection, comparison, and so on.
When more and more transactions and the counter space can no longer meet the rapid transaction, or the trading venue itself lacks counters, only mobile transactions are selected, such as KFC, McDonald's, train tickets, stadium tickets, parking plant fees and so on.
Mobile trading may not have the same functions required for different situations. The various extension functions described in the first section may be used.
For example, the mobile insurance system and pension insurance are issued at home.
The mobile insurance system handheld terminal needs functions such as GPRS/CDMA data or SMS communication and so on. The hand-held terminal expansion functions required for the payment of pensions are mainly functions such as fingerprint collection and comparison.
Wireless ordering system for restaurants
The extension functions of the handheld terminal used in the wireless a la carte system mainly include 802.11b, Bluetooth data communication, etc.
Used to manage various IC cards and contactless IC cards such as ID cards, membership cards, etc.
As the name implies, the card management is to manage various contact/non-contact IC cards, so the main extension function of the handheld terminal used therein is contact/contactless IC card reading and writing.
It is mainly used for community security and patrols to regulate routes when performing patrol tasks. Handheld terminals for patrol management generally integrate information buttons.
Chain stores/stores/counters are used to collect and transmit data such as import, sales, storage, inventory, transfer, subscription, and membership management of stores.
The shoes and clothing ordering conference will be used for the wireless ordering of shoes and apparel industry. Orders will be made by scanning the bar code through the handheld terminal.
Occupied parking card
When the vehicle enters the berth, the license plate number and parking space of the vehicle are recorded on the POS machine, and the vehicle information is automatically stored in the database. When the vehicle is ready to leave the parking spot, the POS will also automatically call the owner a second list. The list will show a series of information such as the name of the parking lot, license plate number, parking time, charging standard, and actual charge amount. The amount actually paid by the owner is calculated automatically by the system based on the parking time of the vehicle to the nearest second.
There are many manufacturers of handheld terminals. Each vendor has a wide variety of product names, which are not uniform, and sometimes cause ambiguity. This can easily cause confusion for users and merchants. I would like to name these hand-held terminals here, but I just want to provide some convenience for user selection.
The so-called data collector refers to a handheld terminal with a barcode scanning function, but not all handheld terminals with a barcode scanning function are called data collectors, and the operating system of the data collector is usually developed by a manufacturer. For example, Pocket PCs such as POCKET PCs and PALM with bar code scanning functions are not called data collectors.
Due to historical reasons, data collectors have various names:
Counting machine: Initially this type of product was used for inventory, so it was called inventory machine
Mobile POS: This name is very strange, and some industries use PDA, IC card handheld terminal is also known as mobile POS machine, in fact, in addition to POS in the mobile transaction is a bit of relationship, in other occasions, there is no relationship between application and POS;
Barcode data collector: This should be the most accurate name at the moment;
Data collector: Taiwan's name;
The above are a few common names, and some are not commonly used: such as bar code handheld terminals, handheld terminal collectors, handheld bar code data terminals, data acquisition terminals, and so on. It is a bar code data collector that can read one-dimensional bar code and two-dimensional bar code.
IC card handheld terminal
The hand-held terminal with integrated contact/non-contact IC card reading and writing functions is called an IC card hand-held terminal, also called a hand-held IC card terminal, a hand-held IC card reader/writer, a hand-held IC card data collector, etc.
Mobile communication data terminal
The mobile communication data terminal is a name coined by the author and has not been seen yet. As the name suggests, the mobile communication data terminal is a handheld terminal that can realize mobile communication. Such a product is similar to a mobile phone, but unlike a mobile phone, it is mainly used because it has functions that some mobile phones do not have such as barcode scanning, IC card reading and writing, and the like. In some industry systems.
The reason why these three different products are put together is because these three products were previously civilian products. With the downturn of PDA in the civilian market, many PDA manufacturers have begun to vigorously expand the market for industrial applications, and have also driven the adoption of mobile phones and smart phones in the industrial market. A common feature of these three products used in the industry is the use of a common operating system, such as POCKET PC, PALM, SMARTPHONE, SYMBIAN, LINUX, Android, etc., with a large number of development groups.
Hand-held fingerprint acquisition terminal
The handheld fingerprint acquisition terminal refers to a handheld terminal that integrates fingerprint collection and comparison functions. The fingerprint hand-held terminal has the functions of fingerprint collection and identification, and is widely used in fields such as finance and banking where security requirements are high.
Meter reading machine
The meter reading machine strictly cannot be classified in this way, because the front products are classified according to the characteristics of the product itself, and the meter reading machine is classified according to the purpose, but the name of this hand-held terminal has always been this and has not changed. , so I also called it.
A meter reading machine is a hand-held terminal used for meter reading in public utilities (water, electricity, gas, and, later, heating). A meter reading machine for power meter reading usually incorporates an electric infrared function. The others are a hand-held terminal with only basic functions, and some have a bar code scanning function.